Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lady Moon



Meet Lady Moon, the goddess of intuition. I used a smaller tube for her. I used mulberry bark to substitute for arms. I like the movement in this doll as if she goes with the flow! I found just the perfect piece of material, which I think may be silk, to use as her dress. She also has a coat of mulberry paper underneath. You can especially see the movement from the back. She is wearing a necklace with a Ginkgo leaf (wisdom), and a pewter and antique gold drop (feelings). I didn't give her hands, because she doesn't really have arms either, rather the symbolize some nebulous energy. At the bottom is a velvet lear.

Following, you will see a back shot. She too has her head glued to a block, which is glued to the cardboard tube.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: